Monday, February 13, 2012

This weeks discussion of parenting style hits really close to home.  My wife and I have been reading baby books, and of course everyone has their opinion and their unwavering reasons why everyone else is wrong and probably damaging their child beyond hope.

Craziness.

When I think about my childhood and my friends childhoods and all of the associated parenting styles, well quite frankly, we all turned out ok.  You do your best, and pray for the rest.  That said, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Like so many other things, its about balance, and being able to make the right decision in the moment.

1 comment:

  1. I like your style. I think what most kids really need is moderation. I can consider myself lucky. I was always handed things in moderation. I was able to watch tv and play video games, but not at all hours of the day and night. Times were set and hours were allotted, but if i went over the time, consequences would be dealt. I think that might be the problem with most parents today. The mistake of being more of a friend than a parent can lead kids astray or confuse them. The lack of dominance in that relationship could harm the child and it might soon be harder for that child to assume respect for other people.

    ReplyDelete