Monday, March 12, 2012

Talking about old age is an interesting thing to listen to.  Everyone seems to have a different perception of it.  Some people I have met are clearly afraid of becoming old.  The speak of it with a subtle nervousness, or the outright "I hope I die before I get old".

But each day is a gift, and many of the elderly people I have had the privilege of interacting with are wonderful.  Each one has lived a full, interesting life.  It is most intriguing to me how little things have actually changed.  The things around us have changed a lot, but people don't change much.  There will always be a group seeking to be different, which will then become normal. People will think they are right, and be shocked and insulted when you tell them they are wrong.

I suppose it goes to show "The more things change, the more they stay the same".

No comments:

Post a Comment