This weeks material couldn't have been more timely. My wife and I are struggling with how our marriage will change when our little boy arrives. We are celebrating our 5th anniversary this month, and so far it has been wonderful! We have such a great marriage, that I fear the negative affect that this baby could have.
Everything I have read says that a good marriage is the best foundation for a good family, so I should be in a pretty good place. It all takes effort, and I fear not having the energy to put into it.
However, I am comforted knowing that many others have endured much worse, and that I actually have it pretty good. Lord willing, things should go just fine.
"Is there love after baby?" stated that marriages with good relationships led to even better marriages after a baby. The couple works effectively towards all the goals and tasks together. If there is a problem, communicating with each other is the key.
ReplyDeleteThe fact that you guys are going into it with open eyes should help this change be a good one and not a negative one. If you make sure that you keep the lines of communication open and schedule time for just the two of you , you two should continue to be great. I am very excited for the two of you and your upcoming adventure.
ReplyDelete